Tuesday, July 13, 2010

As the Morning Glory to the Trellis

A dear friend challenged me today to dwell on this word. "Cling - (Def.)To adhere closely; to stick; to hold fast, especially by twining round or embracing; as, the tendril of a vine clings to its support; -- usually followed by to or together."

The morning glory vine outside my kitchen window keeps climbing higher. Each day, the tendrils cling more tightly and weave their way around the support. The green leaves wave in the breezes, but are not moved because of the anchoring of the vine to the trellis. A fresh and new blossom appears every morning to welcome the day.

How like this plant I want to be... ever climbing higher ... blossoming new every day... not affected by the winds because I am secured to my supporting trellis. ~ My soul "CLINGS" to you; your right hand upholds me. Psalm 63:8 ~

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful illustration, Dana. Thank you for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete