Sunday, May 9, 2010

Cherishing the Breakfasts-in-Bed

Mother's Day. The one day of the year, besides Mom's birthday, in which Mom is pampered and showered with love and does no work.

I barely hear their whispers as the sun shines through the window blinds. And the six sweet faces peep through my sleepiness to deliver the first Happy Mother's Day wishes. Breakfast in bed. Strawberries and cream. Sausage, eggs, and toast. Coffee with vanilla caramel creamer. Lots of hugs and kisses. My husband and six children are wonderful. I am truly blessed.

Two weeks ago my sister and I were chatting on the phone. One of our rare cherished conversations in which neither of us wants to get off. We live so far away and are able to talk only so often. We encourage each other and challenging one another to be the women, the wives, and the mothers we truly want to be. Heartfelt and honest, we relate the news of our separate lives and listen to the other ~ wishing we lived closer. That day, she insisted that I begin a journal for others to read as well. A blog for other moms, women and friends to share.

After giving it much thought, I decided to begin. Thus begins my journey and my public journal of what I am learning in life. Life is truly lived one breath at a time. We must cherish the "breakfasts in bed" on Mother's Day, for tomorrow is just another Monday.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful sentiments - from a beautiful woman! Thanks for walking this journey of life (truly one breath at a time!) with me... I'm blessed by you. :) Sounds like it was a HAPPY Mother's Day. You deserve it, dear one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this! It relaxed me just to read your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete