Thursday, May 27, 2010

Wildflowers Song

As I was driving down the highway the other day, I felt all the weight of the world upon my heart. Pressures of all kinds had been mounting up, and I felt as though I was soon sure to explode. I had allowed even the simplest things to weigh heavy on my mind. The noise from the back seat was simply the chatter of little voices and sometimes even a giggle or two. But to my under-pressure mind, I only heard the ruckus.

In that moment, I looked out across the meadow we were passing. The wild flowers seemed to just dance in the breezes. The bluebonnets and sunflowers smiled toward the sun. The buttercups and Indian paintbrush looked as though God had freshly dipped them in brilliance. Indian blankets and Mexican hats spinkled the oranges and yellows around in perfect peacefulness. Then the Queen Anne's lace caught my attention as their lacy skirts swirled keeping perfect time to the melody of nature's songs. And I realize, the rushing traffic has no bearing effect on their song and dance. The chaos of people's lives does not interrupt their harmonies.

My heart is calmed at just the sight of these delicate creatures of beauty. All pressures melt away when I realize that I don't have to carry such a heavy load. My heart can truly be at peace just as these flowers are even midst the chaos of traffic.

The wild flower bouquet that I choose to pick this day allowed my heart to sing and dance. All it takes is a willing heart to bend and move with the breeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment