Friday, January 27, 2012

Home is Wherever You Are


I've always told him, "Home is right here, wherever You are." Usually said as I lay my head against his chest.
Nothing feels as right as laying in his arms.
Children's voices are all finally quiet. Darkness envelopes the house. Another day has come and gone. And we are finally alone. Just he and I right where we belong.
Our lights are dim. Our voices hushed as we whisper assurances of unending love.
We laugh. We sigh. We whisper and giggle. We tussle and tickle. We sigh again. We embrace. We kiss...
Quiet for a time. Arms around each other. Bodies close.
We talk about our day. Our fears. Our frustrations. Our conversations with friends. With strangers. Our children. Our triumphs.
Quiet again.
For these twenty years, he's been my champion, my hero, my love, my companion, my cheerleader, my truest friend.
We differ greatly. Our personalities opposite. Yet, we compliment each other. Truly a God-given match. I can't imagine a life any different.
We believe in each other. Even when we disagree.
We've hurt and cried. Trusted and lied. Forgiven and trusted again.
This is marriage. This is love. This is forever and a day.
My heart is yours, and my home is wherever you are.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful post, Dana! How truly blessed we are when we have The One the Lord has ordained for us!

    Blessings to you both.

    ReplyDelete