Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Need to Write

I don't know exactly what I want to say, but I have the need to write.

The kids and I have been studying a lot of poems lately. By express ourselves in poetry, we have been coming up with some of the silliest, non-rhyming lines. We've laughed and laughed. Although sometimes our lines don't exactly make sense and are a little confusing, I am really enjoying hearing the stuff the kids are thinking about. Writing poems ~ or shall I say ~ trying to write poems, has never been one of my strong points. Now that I am teaching my children about poetry, I am feeling more inept than ever. Expression is what it is all about anyway, right?

We may not all turn out to be great poets some day, but we are having fun fulfilling the need to write ~ even if it is somewhat comical.

2 comments:

  1. we vocalize new songs and lyrics constantly...it is funny! hope to see you Fri.night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "A merry heart doeth good like a medicine:" Proverbs 17:22a

    You should post a couple so we can share in the laughter!!

    ReplyDelete