Monday, October 4, 2010

Babies are for Cuddling

I have always been thankful that I chose to stay home with our children when they were small. At times throughout life, I have been tempted to go back into the workplace, but everytime, I am reminded how special it is that I am able to stay at home with my children ~ even though they are not so tiny anymore.

I spent time this weekend falling in love with a sweet, cuddle-able little girl. This four month old sweetheart is about as cute as they come. She cooed and smiled the whole weekend. What a darling. My heart strings were pulled every moment spent with her. She just needs to be loved, cared for, and taught how to love.

Every touch, every smile, every cuddle, I prayed for her. May God's hand of protection and care be over her. May she come to know love in such a way that ALL her needs are truly met. May the lullaby that she hears at night be the voice of her Godly Father reaching out His love to her. May she be rocked to sleep with the stars twinkling and smiling down on her.

How many other small ones feel the same pain that she will eventually feel? I wish I could gather them up and just love on them for a while. I wish I could just take away all that pain. My heart breaks for those who just need to be loved. My heart breaks for this little darling. It is easy ~ for all of us ~ to become so busy with meeting our own desires that we don't have time to meet others' needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment