Thursday, February 24, 2011

Just a Little Bit of My Mom Heart

My heart for my children and their future generations cannot be summed up in this little space, but I would love to share just a little bit of what I dwell on. Mom Heart Conference was in Dallas this past weekend. It was the first time for me to attend the conference. My heart was refreshed and lifted as I met new ladies, heard their stories and strengthed my resolve to live each day in a passionate way.

One of the wonderful messages I left the conference resonating in my heart was that God doesn't want me to be more exausted and doing more. He wants me at rest. Isaiah 30:15 makes this very clear, "In repentence and rest you will be saved, in quietness and trust is your stength." So many times moms fall into the trap of thinking that more is better. Sometimes more is just simply more. I find myself saying these kinds of things: "If I was just more organized..." "If I just read more books about..." "I need to be more patient..." "More time in the day would help..." and on and on.

The simplicity of trusting the Lord each day helps cut down on the "need more" attitudes. Quieting my spirit to trust the Lord is what strengthens me... not all these other "More" things.

"More" thoughts to come.

1 comment:

  1. Be still and KNOW I am God...I love that! We have to rest in who he IS...and He will be faithful to work through us :)

    SO glad you were able to come this year!!!

    ReplyDelete